Wireframing is a way to design a website service at the structural level. A wireframe is commonly used to make a blue print regarding its content and its functionality. This blue print will also include what all things the user is looking or we can say user’s complete requirements. Wireframes are used at the starting of the website development that comprises of the basic structure of a page and only after this content and visual designs are added.
A wireframe is a basic design of a web page that portrays what all are the interface elements that will be on the key pages. It is one of the critical paths of the interaction design process.
Wireframes are easy to draw as they can be drawn by hands, generally, they are put across using software like Microsoft’s Visio, to provide an on-screen delivery.
The main aim of a wireframe is to deliver the complete visual understanding of the project to all the stakeholder and project team in order to get their approval before moving to the creative phase.
Wireframing has been proved to be one of the important communication tools in any web or app project. It gives the client, developer, and designer an opportunity to have a glance over the skeleton of the project/website without getting into any proper design elements sidetracked by design elements such as colors and images. This will not save time but also provided a clear picture in terms of making the client understand the entire layout.
The following is a list of some of the great uses of wireframes:
1. Wireframes bring transparency to your projects, which helps in knowing the overall requirement or layout in a better way
2. Wireframes help is making clear thought process of the client, get more focus in defining project goals
3. Using Wireframes is very handy and can make it easier to communicate ideas to your respective team regarding the design to be made
4. Wireframes can also help deliver the core message of your website more effectively and gather feedback at an early stage.
5. Wireframes help designer’s layout many sections of the website, resulting in a more fluid creative process.
We would require starting following and understand the importance of this step – “Wireframing” To strengthen the importance of this phase in a web process, There are few benefits listed out beneath, which will certainly bring the awareness of Wireframing:
1. Wireframes display site visually: It wise enough to start off with the visual process which creates an outline/layout of the entire process. This help in ensuring that everyone has clear understanding about the project and are on the same page before moving to the next step
2. Clarification of website features: Wireframing a project will allow complete or thorough understanding to the respective clients by making website features more elaborate as to how these function will look like, where these will be listed out on the website and their uses, eg. Social media marketing companies
3. Wireframing helps in making the entire layout to be more visible at the core: This will make the client look at the naming convention like the naming of links, feature placement, etc. This is also beneficial for pointing out the flaws in the architecture and how to work on those features on websites like business process management services
4. Wireframes help make the design process iterative: This allows the client to ensure early step by step feedback in the process, related to functionality/layout.
5. Wireframes save time on the entire project: Wireframing helps in saves time in a multitude of ways.
• Designs are more calculated
• Better understanding amongst the team regarding
• Easy to write content
• Everyone from the web team, the agency and client are all on the same page about what the website is supposed to do and how it is supposed to function.
Wireframes should be used early in a project, this will bring in the client approval on the layout which discussed. This will later provide project team to work on the design phase efficiently without making it time-consuming process also saves money on testing.